It is time to order your 2020-2021 yearbooks and, since we have changed yearbook providers, we thought you might have a few questions...
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who is our new yearbook provider? Our new yearbook provider is TreeRing. They are a wonderful on-demand yearbook printing company that does not require us to purchase a mimimum number of books. In a year of uncertainty, this flexibility and fiscal responsibility is just what we needed!
- Why did we switch from Josten’s? Josten’s always produced a wonderful book for us, but their style of printing requires us to buy a certain amount of books regardless of how many we sell. The fact that we were left with many books last year, coupled with decreased fundraising this year, required us to get creative to be conservative with our budget but still give you a great yearbook product. Even more fabulous is that TreeRing plants a tree for EVERY SINGLE yearbook that is purchased. It is giving a great memento to your student, giving back to your school, AND benefitting the planet all in one click!!!
- Why did you pick TreeRing? They get great reviews, have great customer service, and produce a wonderful book. Even more exciting is that TreeRing allows you to customize 2 whole pages of the yearbook with any photos that you want. Include family pictures, pictures of your pets, pictures of virtual learning, pictures of your quarantine activities...it does not matter because if it important to your student it can be in their yearbook! Click here for more information on custom pages.
- Will Lifetouch professional pictures be ready in time? We have heard back from both our photographer and yearbook providers and the short answer is they cannot guarantee it. There are so many schools who are trying to get their pictures taken in a shortened window that the editing and formatting may not be ready by our yearbook deadline.
- What happens now? While we are ever optimistic, in a year of uncertainty we feel it is best to be proactive rather than reactive. So, this means we need your help to try and get a picture uploaded from EVERY student.
- How do I submit my child’s photo? It is so easy! So easy, in fact, that we created a video showing you how to submit and the whole video is only 45 seconds!
- Click here to watch the video and get ready to upload those headshots!
- Want step by step directions? Click Here!
- Did you know that there is also a super easy app that you can use to order and upload? Click Here to Learn More!
- What happens if I submit a picture and we also have a Lifetouch picture taken? We thought about this exact same thing…but do not worry! If you submit a headshot to us and we receive the professional pictures back in time we will assume that you picked the perfect picture and go with your submission. If you receive your professional picture and decide it is even better than what you submitted then send our yearbook team an email by clicking here and they will make the change!
- What if I like the Lifetouch picture more? If we get the pictures in time, we will send an announcement directing you to contact our yearbook committee if you want the professional picture as your child’s headshot instead of your submission and our yearbook team will make the change.
- What if I do not submit a picture? If we have no submission and we do not get professional pictures back in time (or you do not submit and your child does not sit for the Lifetouch photos), your child will not be pictured on their class page. Since Lifetouch cannot guarantee our pictures in time, YOU MUST SUBMIT A PHOTO if you would like your child included. We will not be able to add your child after the deadline so please submit as soon as possible.
- What if I requested to not have photos of my child published? We understand there are certain circumstances that would cause you to not want your child featured with their name and photograph. If you opted out of photography, we are unable to include an identified photo of your child in the yearbook or on any other medium (online, social media, etc.) where your student is identified and alone. Pictures of 2 or more students or where the child is unidentified are considered directory information and are unable to be exempted. Please contact the front office immediately if you would like to make a change and allow or disallow individual (not group) photographs on all media. The exemption is universal and must be applied equally to all mediums (yearbook, social media, etc.) and cannot be opted in for one and out for the others.
- Will there still be class group photos in the yearbook? Not in the traditional sense this year. For safety reasons, and since not all students are in school together, we could not take the standard posed class pictures together. But do not worry! We will have plenty of pictures that teachers submit of their classes smiling in their Zoom windows (think of the intro to The Brady Bunch!) and other candid shots through the year.
- How much will this year’s book cost? What is even more fabulous about this process is that this totally customizable yearbook is only $18 and will be delivered to your student’s classroom (for Plan B students) or available at pickup days (for Full Remote Academy) so there is no need to pay for shipping! We will communicate the delivery and pickup day information as we get closer.
- Have more questions about TreeRing? Click here to learn more about TreeRing and see a whole list of other frequently asked questions explaining how the process works! Be on the lookout for tips and tricks to making this your best yearbook yet in future Bear Blasts.
- Ready to take a stab at creating your parent account and pre-ordering your book? Head to www.treering.com/validate and enter our school code: 1016057301202493
- Make sure you order by April 2nd so you don’t miss out on this year’s book!
More questions for us? Send us an email at email@example.com and we will get you answers!