Even though our deadline has passed to have your books shipped to the school, you still have time to order you 2020-2021 yearbook! Since we have changed yearbook providers, we thought you might have a few questions...here are the most frequently asked:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who is our yearbook provider? Our yearbook provider is TreeRing. They are a wonderful on-demand yearbook printing company that does not require us to purchase a mimimum number of books. In a year of uncertainty, this flexibility and fiscal responsibility is just what we needed!
- Why did we switch from Josten’s? Josten’s always produced a wonderful book for us, but their style of printing requires us to buy a certain amount of books regardless of how many we sell. The fact that we were left with many books last year, coupled with decreased fundraising this year, required us to get creative to be conservative with our budget but still give you a great yearbook product. Even more fabulous is that TreeRing plants a tree for EVERY SINGLE yearbook that is purchased. It is giving a great memento to your student, giving back to your school, AND benefitting the planet all in one click!!!
- Why did you pick TreeRing? They get great reviews, have great customer service, and produce a wonderful book. Even more exciting is that TreeRing allows you to customize 2 whole pages of the yearbook with any photos that you want. Include family pictures, pictures of your pets, pictures of virtual learning, pictures of your quarantine activities...it does not matter because if it important to your student it can be in their yearbook! Click here for more information on custom pages
- What if I did not submit a picture? We are so sorry you missed out on all of our opportunities to have your photo taken or to submit a photo to us for publishing. Unfortunately, it is too late to get your child's picture in all yearbooks and they will show as "not pictured" BUT you can still customize your child's yearbook so they have 2 whole pages with their own personal pictures. What a great memento to remember their own personal year as well as all of the students in their class. Click here for more information on custom pages.
- What if I requested to not have photos of my child published? We understand there are certain circumstances that would cause you to not want your child featured with their name and photograph. If you opted out of photography, we are unable to include an identified photo of your child in the yearbook or on any other medium (online, social media, etc.) where your student is identified and alone. Pictures of 2 or more students or where the child is unidentified are considered directory information and are unable to be exempted. While it is too late for this year's yearbook, please contact the front office at the beginning of the next school year if you would like to make a change and allow or disallow individual (not group) photographs on all media for the 2021-2022 year. The exemption is universal and must be applied equally to all mediums (yearbook, social media, etc.) and cannot be opted in for one and out for the others.
- How much will this year’s book cost? What is even more fabulous about this process is that this totally customizable yearbook is only $18 and will be delivered to your student’s classroom (for Plan B students) or available at pickup days (for Full Remote Academy) so there is no need to pay for shipping! We will communicate the delivery and pickup day information as we get closer.
- Have more questions about TreeRing? Click here to learn more about TreeRing and see a whole list of other frequently asked questions explaining how the process works! Be on the lookout for tips and tricks to making this your best yearbook yet in future Bear Blasts.
- Ready to take a stab at creating your parent account and pre-ordering your book? Head to www.treering.com/validate and enter our school code: 1016057301202493
More questions for us? Send us an email at email@example.com and we will get you answers!